CHIEF OF STAFF (COS)
THE GURKHA WELFARE TRUST
Job Type:Full Time; Permanent
Closing Date:19 October 2015
generous package including medical insurance scheme and contribution to a personal pension plan.
The COS will direct and coordinate the day to day activities of the Trust’s main office, assisting the Trust Director and ensuring that the Trust’s business is carried out in an orderly and cost effective manner.
The COS reports to the Director.
- Manage and prioritise the Trust’s day to day activities and deputise for the Director as necessary.
- Support the development of the Trust’s Strategy Framework and Management Plan. Lead in the Trust’s risk management and project management.
- Develop Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise the calling and servicing of the Board of Trustees and subordinate committees, including acting as secretary.
- Develop and manage the Trust’s external and internal communications plan.
- Be responsible for ensuring the Trust’s governance arrangements are compliant and efficient.
- Manage the Trust’s HR management and CPD programmes
- Be responsible for efficient and effective running of Trust office and manage the office budget.
- Maintain oversight of the Trust’s field arm, the Gurkha Welfare Scheme.
Required Background, Skills & Qualifications:
The successful applicant will have:
- An ability to work both as a member of a senior management team and within a diverse company of Trust employees and stakeholders, especially those in the Brigade of Gurkhas.
- A proven record as an accomplished staff officer, capable of preparing papers and briefing at both the strategic and operational levels.
- An understanding of the retired and active components of the Brigade of Gurkhas;
- A track record of leading and implementing change in a large and diverse organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- An ability to share and contribute to the ethos and vision of the Trust
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and its various applications and administrative functions.
- An ability to act as a mediator for conflict resolution and to act as a disciplinarian when necessary.
- Experience in public relations.
For further information about the role please contact Bishnu Pun on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01722 323955. Please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Major Bishnu Pun MVO
The Gurkha welfare Trust
PO Box 2170
22 Queen Street
Note: Interviews will be held in Salisbury in mid-October and the successful candidate will be asked to take up the post at the earliest opportunity thereafter.